PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- A Female tonic for the healthy reproductive system.
- A herb of choice for female health.
- Has some natural diuretic, cooling, aphrodisiac property.
- May be helpful and useful in all discomfort conditions.
- It improves digestion and assimilation.
- A healthy tonic for females.
- Improves complexion of the body.
- Regular use of Ashoka Powder makes a female healthy and energetic.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Ashoka is useful in discomfort conditions.
- It may improve digestion and assimilation.
- Ashoka may improve complexion of the body.
- May help to detoxify blood impurities.
As per Ayurveda
Common Name: Ashoka
Sanskrit Name: Ashoka
Latin Name: Saraca Asoca
Other Names: Saracaka Indica, Asoka Tree, Ashoka Tree.
Ashoka (Saraca Indica) Bark Powder: Tonic for the female reproductive system.
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, Bitter
Guna (Characteristics): Light, Rough
Veerya (Potency): Cool and Calm
Veepaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Effect of Tridoshas (Three humors alleviator - Vatta (Air), Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water): Ashoka pacifies Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water) i.e. it is useful in the management of all problems resulting from the aggravation of Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water).
Chemical Composition::Ascorbic acid, catechin, flavonoids, lignin glycosides, β-sitosterol and its glucosidic form, polyphenolics such as gallic acid
Best Source: Central and eastern Himalayas, in scattered locations of the northern plains of India as well as on the west coast of the subcontinent near Mumbai.
The powder of Ashoka contains estrogenic compound ketosteril which may be helpful support in healthy cycle and support uterus health. It helps to check internal and external outgrowths of the body.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Ashoka Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast.
Decoction: Boil 5 Gms (1-2 teaspoon) of Ashoka in 120 ml water & make as a tea. Strain the water when it remains 30 ml and drink it (if you are using Ashoka by itself). If you are mixing with other herbs, use Ashoka proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
How to use Ashoka Powder:
- The decoction made from Ashoka Powder may be used in emotional outbursts.
- The Powder of Ashoka may help in abdominal discomfort and also in de-worming.
- It may be applied as a paste on cut wounds.
- Boil the Ashoka Powder with cow’s milk add sugar in it. Take this milk for 3 months. It supports gynecological health.
- Boil the powder in water and prepare a decoction. Take this decoction early morning empty stomach.
- You can also boil the powder while mixing water and cow’s milk. Boil this till the water evaporates. After that add sugar to taste and take once in a day regularly.
- Mix equal quantity of Ashoka Powder and Mishri well, take ½ teaspoon in morning ½ teaspoon in evening female health.
- Grind mustard with the decoction of the Ashoka Powder and dry it in shade. Apply it on your face to turn your facial shiny and glinting with glow.
In case of Pimples Take 100 gram of powder and boil it in 2 glass of water. Take it off when left 1cup. Mix ½ cup of mustard oil into it. Keep it for cooling. Apply regularly to have a shiny and clear face
Food to favour: Light diet, Rice, green gram soup, Bitter gourd, bottle gourd, Green leafy vegetables, carrots, fresh fruits [Amla, Orange, Apple, Papaya, Grapes], Light moong dal, Cucumber, food rich in bitter and pungent taste are recommended.
Food to Avoid: Fried food, vegetables Lady finger, Coco asia, Cesculent root,tomato, Massoor Dal, Ice creams, Chips, Cookies, Junk food, Sweet food, Excess salty or sour food.
- Take less amount of salt.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Take Triphala powder or Amla daily to maintain morning regularity
- Avoid taking excess sugar.
- Avoid for long exposure to sun.
- Use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoid excess sea food or non vegetarian food.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Wild Crafted
- The micronized powder of the herb is potentiated with decoction (bhavna) of the same herb.
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Verma, A., Jana, G. K., Chakraborty, R., Sen, S., Sachan, S. and Mishra, A., Analgesic activity of various leaf extracts of Saraca indica Linn. Der Pharm. Let., 2010, 2, 352–357. 57.
- Kapoor, L. D., Handbook of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants, 2001, 1st edn, p. 298.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Sokanasa, Karnapurakah, Visoka, Raktaka, Ragi, Citra, Sadpadamanjari, Tamrapallavah, Kankeli, Pindapuspa, Gandhapuspa, Gandhapushpa, Nata, Asokah, Sokanasah, Vanjuladruma, Madhupuspa, Apasoka, Kelika, Ramavamanghrighataka, Pallavadru, Raktapallavaka, Citra, Vicitrah, Karnapurakah, Subhagah, Smaradhivasa, Dosahari, Prapallava, Ragitaru, Hemapuspa, Vanjula, Vanjulam, Sorrowless Tree.
This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of
scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP & ISO Certified Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.