Primary Benefits as Per Ayurveda
- Bitter Melon acts as a pancreatic tonic.
- It is naturally rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Nutritious and healthy food with a bitter flavour.
- It has bitter taste as the name suggests and so it helps to check sweets intake resulting in support to the pancreatic health.
- It is beneficial in regulating carbohydrate metabolism.
- Neutralize effect of sweets and support healthy pancreas.
- Due to its bitter taste it helps in natural purification of blood & maintain natural glow of skin.
Other Benefits as Per Ayurveda
- Stimulant and a mild laxative by nature.
- It helps to fight against free radicals and promote general wellbeing.
- It is mild aphrodisiac in nature.
- It may help to maintain healthy body's defence mechanism in weather changes or air borne pathogen.
As per Ayurveda
Botanical Name: Momordica charantia Linn
Common Name: Bitter Gourd / Bitter Melon
Taste: Pungent, Bitter
Post Digestive Effect: Sour
Properties: Light, Dry
Chemical Composition: Alkaloids, Momordicin and charantin, Charine, Cryptoxanthin, Cucurbitacins, Cucurbitacins, Cucurbitacins, Cycloartenol, Diosgenin.
Sanskrit Name of "Bitter Melon" is "Karela" and it has been used in Ayurveda (Indian Herbal System) for thousands of years in numerous herbal applications.
Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Bitter Melon (Karela) Powder with water 1 hour after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Bitter Melon (Karela) proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Food to Favour: Vegetables [Bottle gourd, spinach, carrot, green peas, parmal, cabbage, black grams, radish], fresh fruits [Orange, grapes, apple, papaya, watermelon, pomegranate], cucumber, yellow lentils, green lentils, unpolished rice, oats, food rich in bitter and pungent taste should be recommended.
Food to Avoid: Food rich in sweet, sour or salty taste, fried food, junk food, soft drinks, bhindi, [ladyfinger], arbi (coco asia), Kachalu (cesculent root), tomato, oily food, sweet potato, food that is hot in nature should avoided.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do some regular exercise.
- Take nutritional food.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle.
- Avoid excessive sugary products.
- Avoid excessive sugary beverages.
- Nutritional diet
- Restful sleep
- Amla powder
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
- 100% Organic Powder
- Certified Organic by OneCert Asia In accordance with the USDA National Program (NOP) and National Programme for Production (NPOP) of India Guidelines).
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality
- Powder contains all the properties of the herbs we do not do any extraction any ingredients from the raw herb nor any oil.
- Unflavoured, Top quality-control standards in the industry.
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free.
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Keydev Nighantu
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Pharmacological actions and potential uses of Momordica charantia: a review, J.K. Grover et al, Journal of Ethnopharmacology 93 (2004) 123–132
- Effect of momordica charantia fruit extract, Razif Abbas et al, EXCLI Journal 2015;14:179-189 – ISSN 1611-2156.
- A Review on Salient Pharmacological Features of Momordica charantia, Aparna Upadhyay et al, International Journal of Pharmacology 11 (5): 405-413, 2015.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: African Cucumber, Ampalaya, Balsam Pear, Balsam-Apple, Balsam Borne, Balsamine, Balsamo, Bitter Apple, Bitter Cucumber, Bittergurke, Carilla Fruit, Carilla Gourd, Cerasee, Chinli-Chih, Concombre Africain, Courage Amère, Cundeamor, Fructus Momordicae Grosvenori, Karela, Karavella, Kathilla, Kareli, Kerala, Kuguarsi, K'u-Kua, Lai Margose, Margose, Melón Amargo, Melon Amer, Momordica, Momordica Muricata, Momordica, Paroka, Pepino Montero, Poire Balsamique, Pomme De Merveille, Sorosi, Sushavi, Vegetable Insulin, Wild Cucumber, Korolla, Goya, Cerasee, Salsamino, Sorci, Sorossi, Sorossie, Sorossies, Pare, Peria Laut, Peria.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.