PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Act as a dietary support.
- It is a cooling herb; pacify the high Pitta (fire).
- It helps to maintains healthy temperature of body.
- Used for preparing Sharbat (sherbet) or soft drink during summer, especially in North India.
- Roots are used as water flavoring agent.
Drink in the morning provides very cooling sensation. Vetiveria zizanioides (Linn.) Nash, a member of the family Poaceae commonly known as Khas.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- It supports healthy complexion.
- It helps to neutralize the acid pitta (fire) dosha (humors) that is formed in stomach.
- Khas is also a support for healthy prostate gland in males.
- The paste of khas is also beneficial in bad odor of sweat.
As per Ayurveda
Family Name: Poaceae’
Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
English Name:Vetiver, Khas-Khas,Khus-Khus
Hindi Name : Ushira, Reshira, Sugandhimula
Part Used: Root
Rasa (Taste): Bitter, Sweet
Veerya (Potency): Cool
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Guna (Properties): Light, Dry
Effect on Doshas (Humor): It helps to regulate excessive body heat which is caused due to Pitta (Agni/Fire) Doshas.
Vetivone Zizanal , Epizizizanal, 9-octadecenamide, 2,6,10,15,19,23-hexamethyl-2,6,10,14,18, 22-tetracosahexaen and 1,2-benzendicarboxylic acid, diisooctyl ester.
Best Source: Open dry places at elevations up to 1000 metres
Khas or Khus grass in India is a perennial grass with thick fibrous adventitious roots which are aromatic and highly valued. Vetiveria has been known to India since ancient times.
Khas Powder helps to pacify the Pitta (Fire) in body. It helps to remove excessive heat from the body. It helps to calm burning feeling of body. It helps to calms the mind and helps to provide strength to nerves. It helps to balance the excessive feeling of thirst and dryness of mouth. It also helps in glowing of skin.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Internal Use: Take 1 to 3 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Khas Powder with water 1 - 2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. In summer, it can be used as a cold drink.
External Use: Make a medium paste of powder with warm water and apply on the body to keep the body cool only for the peoples who has high pitta (fire) skin. It works as a deodorant, if you are mixing with other herbs, use Khas proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Usage of Khas Powder
- The decoction of Khas Powder when taken with milk and sugar at least once a day for about a week helps to get rid from the unpleasant body odor caused due to extreme sweating.
- Make a paste of Khas powder and Sandal Powder and apply over the face. It helps in supporting healthy skin and complexion.
- Mix crushed almonds, Khas Powder in equal quantity and rock sugar according to taste. Mix all and store in an airtight bottle. Take 2-3 spoons twice a day for a healthy body.
Food to favour: Light diet, Rice, green gram soup, Bitter gourd, bottle gourd, Green leafy vegetables, carrots, fresh fruits [Amla, Orange, Apple, Papaya, Grapes], Light moong dal, Cucumber, food rich in bitter and pungent taste are recommended.
Food to Avoid: Fried food, vegetables Lady finger, Coco asia, Cesculent root,tomato, Massoor Dal, Ice creams, Chips, Cookies, Junk food, Sweet food, Excess salty or sour food.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Take Triphala powder or Amla daily to maintain morning regularity
- Avoid for long exposure to sun.
- Use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoid excess sea food or non vegetarian food.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Wild Crafted
- The micronized powder of the herb is potentiated with decoction (bhavna) of the same herb.
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Tetrahedron Lett., 1982, 23, 4639.
NOTE: This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP & ISO Certified Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.