PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Helps in boosting the body’s immune system.
- Licorice Root Powder - Respiratory support
- Supports singer’s voice.
- Supports healthy digestion.
- Also helps to support the healthy bronchial system when they get irritated during harsh weather conditions or by the air borne pathogen.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- It helps to support to balance the acid that is formed in stomach.
- It is sweet nourishing herb that helps in strengthening the body & provides nourishment to generalized weak persons.
- It naturally helps to boost up the body’s defense system.
- It also supports healthy brain.
- Decoction of licorice acts as a support for eyes.
As per Ayurveda
Family Name: Leguminosae
Sub-Family Name: Papilionaceae
Botanical Name: Glycyrrhiza Glabra
English Name: Liquorice
Hindi Name: Mulhathi, Jethi-madh
Rasa (Taste): Sweet, Bitter
Virya (Action): Cooling
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Guna (Quality): Unctuous
Effect on Doshas: Suppresses Vata (Air) and Pitta (Fire) Doshas (Humor).
This powder is potentiated while mixing with the decoction (Bhavna process)/juice of the same herb.
The major active component of Licorice is saponin known as Glycyrrhizin, also known as Glycyrrhizic Acid, which is an extremely sweet, foaming triterpene glycoside.
Licorice Powder helps in healthy function of lungs. It helps to support respirtory system. It is sweet nourishing herb that helps to boost up the immune system.
Best Source: Region with rainfall of 500-650mm.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTION FOR USE
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Licorice Powder with water 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Kutki proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Best Use With:
- For Soothing throat and supporting singer’s voice: Gargles with decoction of Licorice Powder helps to soothe throat.
- Soft Skin: Mix Powder of Licorice in "Mustard Oil" and rub on the hardened skin at bedtime. It softens the skin.
- For morning regularity: Take powder of Licorice with Jaggery (Gud) and water.
- For Healthy Function of Intestine: Mix Pomegranate juice and 1 tsp of Licorice Powder. Drink twice a day empty stomach. Or mix Licorice Powder - 2 parts, Red Sandalwood Powder - 1 part, "Shatavari Powder"- ½ parts. Take 1 tsp of this mixture twice a day with milk.
- For healthy Acid in Stomach: Take ½ gm of Licorice Powder with Coconut juice. It helps to support healthy acid level that is formed in stomach.
- For Healthy Hair: Make a paste of Licorice Powder, "Amalaki Powder" and Honey. Apply it on the head one hour before head bath.
- Stress: Make a mixture of powder of "Brahmi" - 1 gm, Licorice Powder - 2 gm, "Jatamansi Powder" - 2 gm. Take 1 gm of this powder with water. It helps in fighting the stress.
- Healthy Tea: Tea prepared from equal amount of Licorice Powder, Saunf, Ginger and few leaves of Tulsi. It helps to control common cold, body ache and gives a refreshing feeling in body.
Food to favour: Light diet, Rice, green gram soup, Bitter gourd, bottle gourd, Green leafy vegetables, carrots, fresh fruits [Amla, Orange, Apple, Papaya, Grapes], Light moong dal, Cucumber, food rich in bitter and pungent taste are recommended.
Food to Avoid: Fried food, vegetables Lady finger, Coco asia, Cesculent root,tomato, Massoor Dal, Ice creams, Chips, Cookies, Junk food, Sweet food, Excess salty or sour food.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Take Triphala powder or Amla daily to maintain morning regularity
- Avoid for long exposure to sun.
- Use of cosmetics should be limited.
- Avoid excess sea food or non vegetarian food.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Wild Crafted
- The micronized powder of the herb is potentiated with decoction (bhavna) of the same herb.
- 2X-Optimum Potency-Full Spectrum
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Houseman, loc. cit.; Thorpe, VII, 362; Kapur et. al., loc. cit.; Trease, 393; McIlroy, 40; Puri & Seshadri, J. sci. industr. Res., 1954, 13B, 475; Chem. Abstr., 1950, 44, 4635.
- Gujral, M.L., Sareen, K., Phukan, D.P. and Amma, M.K.P. 1961a. Activity if glycyrrhizin Indian J. Med. Sci. 15, 625.
- Saxena, et. al., J. Ind. Med. Profes., 1970, 12, 5575.
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb: Acid Glycyrrhizic, Acid Glycyrrhizinique, Alcaçuz, Alcaçuz, Bois Doux, Bois Sucré, Can Cao, Chinese Licorice, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Gan Cao, Gan Zao, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Typica, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Violacea, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Glandulifera, Glycyrrhiza Radix, Glycyrrhiza Uralensis, Glycyrrhiza, Glycyrrhizic Acid, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Isoflavone, Jethi-Madh, Kanzo, Lakritze, Licorice Root, Liquiritiae Radix, Liquirizia, Mithi-lakdi, Mulathi, Madhuka, Orozuz, Phytoestrogen, Phyto-œstrogène, Racine de Réglisse, Racine Douce, Radix Glycyrrhizae, Régalissse, Regaliz, Reglisse, Réglisse, Réglisse Déglycyrrhisée, Réglisse Espagnole, Réglisse Russe, Regliz, Russian Licorice, Spanish Licorice, Sudholz, Sussholz, Sweet Root, Yashti-Madhu, Yashti-Madhuka, Zhi Gan Cao, Spanish Juice, Black Sugar, Liquorice, Atimadhuram, Erattimadhuram.
NOTE: This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP & ISO Certified Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.