PRIMARY BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Shatavari Powder is the main rejuvenative herb for women. It helps to maintain healthy female organs thus help in maintaining healthy female fertility. It helps to tones and nourishes the female health.
- Shatavari helps to maintain healthy cycle. Shatavari supports for lactating mothers.
- Shatavari is a support for menopausal health. Shatavari Powder also promotes maternal health.
- Shatavari supports the function of the immune and digestive system.
- It is mild aphrodisiac in nature.
- It is also helpful in male potency and helps to maintain healthy organs.
OTHER BENEFITS AS PER AYURVEDA
- Cooling effect is helpful in reducing high pitta (fire) in digestive system.
- It is also useful in old age people as it soothes the systemic dryness which is part of natural aging process.
- It also helps to calms down irritability, anger.
As per Ayurveda
Shatavari Root Powder: Cooling herb. Shatavari is the herb which helps to maintain female health.
Family Name: Liliaceae
Sanskrit Name: Shatavari
Variety : White shatavari,Yellow shatavari
Rasa (Taste): Sweet, Bitter
Virya (Potency): Cold
Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Effects on Doshas (Humors): Pacifies Vata (air), Pitta (fire) and Kapha (water).
Chemical Composition: Steroidal saponins, glycosides, alkaloids, polysaccharides, mucilage, racemosol and isoflavones
Best Source: Himalayan region up to 4000 feet height
Both white and yellow shatavari having same but some different properties. Combination of both provides the full spectrum of this herb. While yellow is four time expensive but it has more oil in natural form.
As per Ancient classical literature of Ayurveda Yellow shatavari acts as galactogogue .White Shatavari is a versatile female tonic.Literary meaning of Shatavari is "who possesses a hundred husbands or acceptable to many”.
High quality powder of wild crafted herb from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take 5 gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Shatavari Powder with fresh water or milk 1-2 hrs after meals. Take first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Shatavari proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
Best Use With:
- For menopausal women it is good when taken with saffron milk. Give combination of Shatavari Powder Ashwagandha Powder, Brahmi Powder in a dosage of one teaspoon twice a day with one glass of milk.
- In premenstrual take Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 2 tsp twice a day with hot milk (one cup).
- Paste of Shatavari Powder may provide soothing effect on burning sensation due to its cooling effect.
- Use Shatavari Powder in a dosage of 10 gm twice a day with milk (one cup) in general weakness.
- It is used both externally and internally.
Food to favour
Fresh vegetables [Broccoli, beans, spinach, black grams], fruits [figs, dates, peaches, plums], yogurt, salmon fish, brown rice, milk and soup egg should recommend.
Food to Avoid
Fried and fatty food, tea, coffee, chocolates, packed food, canned food, junk food, spicy or acidic food, cold drinks, white bread.
- Drink enough water.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain hygienic conditions.
- Take Triphala powder to maintain morning regularity.
- Avoid meat, coffee, tea, alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid heavy work, stress, and anger.
- Do not take excessive salty or acidic food.
Healthy Tips as per Ayurveda:
- Natural nutritional diet
- Restful sleep
- Ashwagandha powder
Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of health care provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Raw herb powder, Sun shadow dried with greenhouse technology.
- Powder contains all the properties of the herbs we do not do any extraction any ingredients from the raw herb nor any oil.
- Herbs are washed in cold water to keep the full potency/ retain properties of herbs which might get lost some in water flow.
- Wild Crafted
- Optimum Potency
- Unflavored, Top quality-control standards in the industry.
- Used historically by natural healers and many herbalists
- Non Synthetic
- Natural solution
- Cruelty free
- Checked for Heavy metal standards
- Sustainable sourcing and fairly traded herbs
- 100% Pure.
- Direct from the manufacturer
- Authentic, A-Grade Quality, Sourced from its natural habitat.
- Committed for the highest quality Ayurvedic products
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free.
- No filler, No binder, No preservatives
- Climate control environment storage
- Quality and quantity as per the Ayurvedic classical references.
Many plants and herbs have oils and volatile oils in their own natural form which is the integral part of the plant and also beneficial for efficacy and potency, so some of the powders may be sticky or oily due to oil content present in them because we at herbsforever do not extract any oil from the plant or do any extraction. Also we at herbsforever do not add any additive or drying agent.
Color, Taste, Aroma of the product may change from batch to batch.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books:
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopia of India
- Bhavaprakash Nighantu
- A Brief review of medicinal properties of Asparagus racemosus (Shatawari) Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 1 (2): 48-52 (2013)
- Goel RK. Prabha T. Kumar MM. Dorababu M. Prakash. Singh G. Asparagus racemosus Willd. root, a herbal medicine. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 44(7): 570-3
- Natural Standard Herb and Supplement Guide: An Evidence-based Reference. Catherine Ulbright. ISBN: 978-0-323-07295-3. Pg. 73 (2010)
Other Uncommon Names of this Herb: Shatawari, Satamuli, Asparagus, Wild Asparagus, Asparagus root. Mahashatavari, Satavar, Satmuli, Kilavari, Satavali, Shatmuli, Satavari, Satawar, Shimai-shadavari, Ammaikodi, Kilwari, Challagadda, Pilligadalu, Majjige-gadde, Aheru balli, Saatawari, Ekalakanto, Shatawarmul, Shatavari, Satamuli.
NOTE: This herb has been approved by department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidences as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP & ISO Certified Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.