Primary Benefits as per Ayurveda
- A Dietary supplement
- A nervine tonic
- It helps to support healthy brain functions and memory
- It helps to fight with daily life stress and supports healthy mind & spirit
- Helps to maintain intellect & uplift spiritual consciousness.
Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- It supports blissful sleep.
- Supports healthy circulation.
- Nervous breakdown.
- Memory loss
As Per Ayurveda
High quality powders of ayurvedic herbs from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
Brahmi helps to maintain healthy brain performance. It helps in strengthening the mind and maintaining alertness and freshness. Brahmi helps to maintain healthy learning and memory recall, as well as on blood circulation, the functions of the liver, lungs and kidneys. It is Kapha (water), Vata (air) , Shamak (pacifier). It is often called ‘the food for the brain. It may help to combat daily life regular and normal levels of stress, improve reflexes and increase psychological and physical coordination.
“Brahmi” is a creeper plant commonly found along the marshes and pond edges. It belongs to the Scrophulariaceae family. Its scientific name is Bacopa Monnieri.
The Sanskrit name of “Bacopa Monnieri” is Brahmi. Brahmi is a nervine tonic that may support healthy brain functioning, promote health of mind and concentration. It helps to maintain intellect and spiritual consciousness. It helps to maintain a healthy memory. It may help in cases of restlessness, confused and cloudy thoughts. Brahmi aids in maintaining healthy categorizing information in the brain and the subsequent expression of said information.
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Scrophulariaceae
- Botanical Name: Bacopa Monnieri
- English Name: Thyme-leaved gratiola, water hyssop
- Hindi Name: Brahmi
Other Uncommon Names of This Herb
Aindri, Bacopa, Bacopa monnieri, Bacopa monnieri, Herb of Grace, Herpestis Herb, Herpestis monniera, Hysope d’Eau, Indian Pennywort, , Jalna Veri, Nira-Brahmi, Moniera cuneifolia, Sambrani Chettu, Thyme-Leaved Gratiola, Water Hyssop. Babies tear.
- Rasa (Taste): Bitter
- Guna (Characteristics): Light
- Virya (Potency): Hot
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Bitter
Grows in marshy places and cultivated south India.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (One-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Bramhi Powder with water 1 – 2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Bramhi proportionately or consult your healthcare provider or consult your healthcare provider.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
Brahmi (in small doses) can also be used with other related products “Optica” and “Omega Mind” (if needed).
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Restful sleep
Foods to Favor
- Flax seeds
- Nuts [Walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts]
- Green leafy Vegetables [pumpkin, beetroots, celery, broccoli,spinach]
- Oily fish [salmon, sardines]
- Coconut oil
- Egg yolk
- Dark chocolate
- Olive oil
Foods to Avoid
- Potato chips
- White rice
- White bread
- Starchy food
- Heavy food that is difficult to digest.
- Oily food
- Take cereal with milk daily.
- Take regular meals at regular timings.
- Eat plenty of legumes, fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to expose yourself to outdoor for playing.
- Enjoy natural sounds and fresh air.
- Eat food rich in iron and zinc like red meat, fish, sea food,chicken, brown rice and nuts.
- Stop to take up the small snacks.
- Avoid stress or worries.
- Avoid alcohol consumption or smoking.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Adarsh Nighantu
- Satyavati GV, Raina MK, Sharma M. Chemical investigation of (Brahmi) Indian J Pharmacology 1976; 21: 303-304.
- Sastri MS, Dhalla NS, Malhotra CL. Chemical investigation of (Brahmi) Indian J Pharmacol 1959; 21: 303-304
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This herb has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.