Primary Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Acts as a dietary support.
- Supports digestion and absorption.
- Aids digestion, assimilation and metabolism of food.
- Supports respiratory system.
- Supports healthy lungs.
- Pippali is used as a culinary spice.
Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- It acts as a nervous tonic and supports blissful sleep at night.
- It helps in cleaning the srotas (channels) which transport nutrients and helps to remove wastes from the body.
- Supports the singer's voice.
- Weak digestive fire
- Blocked body channels
- Vata related disease like bloating, Indigestion, Flatulence and abdominal pain
As Per Ayurveda
Pippali Powder supports the respiratory system and healthy lungs. It also helps to maintain digestive fire and helps in cleaning the srotas (channels) which transport nutrients to the body.
Pippali is a powerful rejuvenating herb that strengthens and nourishes the body. It aids metabolism, detoxifies and helps to maintain a healthy digestive system. It is an excellent tonic for the lungs supporting a healthy respiratory system.
The constituents of Piper longum are eugenol, kaempferol, myrcene, piperine, quercetin, chavicine and rutin black pepper. Rutin black pepper helps to provide energy in equal amounts to many fruits and vegetables.
Piper longum is hot, light and has anti-flatulent (that helps to pass the gas comfortably from stomach) action. It can be used in digestive system to check intestinal worms
The decoction of Piper Longum is recommended to gargle.
Piper Longum contains numerous powerful antioxidants and is thus one of the most important spices. The antioxidant properties of piper longum make it vital in minimizing the damage caused by saturated fats present in rich diets which is considered to be the main cause of stress.
High quality powders of ayurvedic herbs from their natural habitats. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial color.
Pippali Powder contains Volatile oil, Saponins, Alkaloids, Piperine, Piperlongumine, Piplartine, Triacontane, Sesquiterpene, Hydrocarbon, and Caryophyllene .
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Piperaceae
- Botanical Name: Piper longum
- English Name: Indian Long Pepper
- Hindi Name: Pipal,Pipar
Other Uncommon Names
Capala, Catikasira, Chanchala, Chupula, Dantakapha, Eranda, Gonamika, Granthika, Granthikam, Ka, Kagophale, Kana, Kanamula, Kati, Katubija, Katugranthikam, Kola, Kolamula, Kolya, Korangi, Krikala, Krishna, Krishnapippali, Krsna, Krsnatandula, Kuna, Magadha, Magadhaja, Magadhi, Magadhika, Magadhodbhava, Maghadi, Magudhi, Mula, Osanam, Pippali, Pippali mula, Pippalika, Pippalimulam, Pippalu, Pippuli, Rudhakam, Ruthakam, Sadgraathi, Sadgranthi, Sarvagranthikam, Saundi, Shaundi, Shoundi, Shyama, Sukshmatandula, Sumulakam, Syama, Tandula, Tiksnatandula, Tiktatandula, Trikana, Upakulya, Upkulya, Upukulya, Usana, Ushuna, Vaidehi, Vaidehikana, Videhi, Na, Magadhajam, Magadham, Gazpipal, Pimpli, Pipal, Pipar, Piplamul, Pipli, Pipli-mool, Pipulmul, Pipal mal, Pippala mul, Darfilfil, Filfil daraz, Tirkuta, Pipal mol, Rupa mukhi, Pipal kalah, Pipla mul, Pipla-mul, Pipal kalan, Piplamul, Long pepper, Ralli, Pipul, Peepul, Hipli, Hippali, Hippaliballi, Kuna, Tippali, Yippali, Kuna balli, Hippali balli, Thippali balli, Tippall, Ippali, Tippili, Modi, Cattu-tirpali, Chapala, Kana, Kattutipali, Kattutippali, Magadhi, Tippali, Tippli, Capala, Cattutirpali, Cuttaterpati, Piplee, Pimpalee, Argadi, Atti, Kalidi, Kalini, Kaman, Kanna, Kattuttippilikkodi, Kindigam, Kirandigam, Kolagam, Thippili, Kattu-t-tippili.
- Rasa (Taste): Pungent
- Virya (Potency): Semi Hot
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Sweet
Hot regions of India like bangal, bihar, Assam, Konkan.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (one-third to half teaspoon) 2 times a day Pippali Powder with water 1 – 2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Pippali proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
Best Use With
- For Healthy Lungs: Take “Pippali Powder” 2 gm with honey thrice a day.
- For Hemoglobin health: Mix “Pippali Powder” and “Amalaki Powder” in equal quantities. Take this mixture twice a day with honey in a dose of half tsp.
- For supporting singer’s voice: Mix “Pippali Powder” 1 gram with a small quantity of “Ghee” and 1 tsp of Honey. Take this mixture twice a day.
- Respiratory support: Boil “Pippali Powder” 2 tsp in 4 parts of milk and one part of water for a few minutes and then drink. You should take this for 10 days.
- For healthy digestion: one to six gram of “Pippali Powder” is mixed with 200 to 300 ml of buttermilk and given.
- Pippali Powder is fried in “Ghee” and taken in doses of one to two gram twice a day during season change or environmental changes.
- Use “Pippali Powder” with Honey in Kapha (Water) Dosha (Humor) imbalance.
- Use “Pippali Powder” with Jaggery in Vata (Air) Dosha problems (Humor) imbalance
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Peaceful mind
- Positive thinking
Foods to Favor
- Fresh fruits [Papaya, grapes, apple, pear, peach]
- Vegetables [Bottle gourd, bitter gourd, lentils, black grams, green grams, carrot, green peas, pumpkin]
- Yellow lentils
- Food rich in pungent taste
Foods to Avoid
- Heavy, fried and fatty food
- Excessive salty or spicy food
- Food that is hot in nature
- Cold drinks
- Junk food
- Sweet potato
- Ice creams
- Take regular exercise like Yoga (anulom vilom or pranayama)
- Use nasya dravya [nasal drops].
- Take lukewarm water regularly.
- Avoid suppression of natural urges.
- Avoid taking chilled water.
- Avoid excessive hard works.
- Bhavapraksha Nighantu
- Dhanwntri Nighantu
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of India
- Chemistry and pharmacology of piper longum L. Volume 5, Issue 1, November – December 2010; Article-010.
- Dutta CP, Banerjee N, Roy DN, Studies of genus Piper longum in the seeds of Piper longum, Phytochem, 14, 1975, 2090-2092.
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This formula has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.