Primary Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Nirgundi Powder acts as a Dietary Support along with your healthy diet plan so as to help in maintaining healthy joints functioning.
- Support healthy joints.
- It naturally alleviates vata (air) and so helps in supporting healthy joints as vata (air) resides in joints in old age.
Other Benefits as per Ayurveda
- Nirgundi Powder helps to support healthy joints and muscles.
- Supports healthy digestion by digesting “Ama” (undigested food).
- Helps to aid healthy joint functions.
- It also supports a healthy liver.
As Per Ayurveda
High quality powders of ayurvedic herbs from its natural habitat. Free from gluten, soya, dairy, binder, preservatives or artificial colors.
6′-p-hydroxybenzoyl mussaenosidic acid; 2′-p-hydroxybenzoyl mussaenosidic acid viridiflorol; β-caryophyllene; sabinene; 4-terpineol; gamma-terpinene; caryophyllene oxide; 1-octen-3-ol; globulol; 5,3′-dihydroxy-7,8,4′- trimethoxyflavone; 5,3′-dihydroxy,6,7,4′trimethoxyflavone; 5-hydroxy-3,6,7,3′,4′-pentamethoxy flavones; 5,7dihydroxy-6,4′ dimethoxy flavonone; 5hydroxy-7,4′ dimethoxy flavones; 5,3′-dihydroxy-7,8,4′-trimethoxy flavanone; betulinic acid [3β-hydroxylup-20-(29)-en-28-oic acid]; ursolic acid [2β -hydroxyurs-12-en-28-oic acid]; n-hentriacontane; β-sitosterol; p-hydroxybenzoic acid; protocatechuic acid; oleanolic acid; flavonoids angus id; casticin; vitamin-C; nishindine; gluco-nonitol .
Common & Uncommon Names
- Family Name: Verbenaceae
- Botanical Name: Vitex Negundo
- English Name: Five-Leaved ,Chaste Tree
- Hindi Name: Sambhlu
Other Uncommon Names
Sindhuvara, Neelamanjari, Indranika, Indrasurasa, Bhoothakeshi, Neelika, Indrani, Nilanirgundi, Nilapushpa, Nirgundi, Nirgundika, Renuka, Sephalika, Shephali, Shvetasurasa, Sindhooka, Sindhuvaram, Sinduka, Sinduvara, Sinduvarah, Sinduya, Sugandhika, Surasa, Suvaha, Svetasurasa, Vrikshaha, Mewri, Nengar, Ningori, Nirgandi, Nirgunda, Nisinda, Panikisambhalu, Sambhal, Sambhalu, Samhalu, Sanghalu, Saubhalu, Sawbhalu, Shriwari, Shawalu, Newri, Sanbhalu, Shiwali, Siwain, Bannah, Bana, Banna, Siwali, Wana, Banha, Banana, Veeru Dhayad, Nirgud, Negad, Veeru, Kali-Nirgundi, Tarvan, Shimalu, Sambhalu, Tukhm Sambhalu, Nisinda, Sinduari, Beguna, Nishinda, Nishinde, Bile-Nekki, Bilenekki, Karilakki, Lakkagida, Lakki, Lakki-Gida, Lakkili, Bem-Nosi, Karunocci, Noch-Chi, Nochi, Vella-Noch-Chi, Nengar, Nirgur, Lingur, Nirguda, Limgud, Negumd, Thingkhawilupa, Niligundi, Nallanocci, Nirkkundi, Nirkundi, Nochi, Sinduvaram, Tiriburamerittan, Nalla-Vavili, Nallavavili, Sindhuvaruma, Sinduvaramu, Tell-Vavili.
- Rasa (Taste): Pungent, Bitter
- Guna (Properties): Light, dry
- Virya (Potency): Warm
- Vipaka (Post Digestive Effect): Pungent
Throughout the greater part of India, ascending to an altitude of 1500 meters in the outer Himalaya.
Directions for Use
Take 5 Gms (half to one teaspoon) 2 times a day Nirgundi Powder with water or lukewarm water 1 – 2 hrs after meals. Take the first dose after breakfast.
Do not take it with ice cold water. If you are mixing with other herbs, use Nirgundi Powder proportionately or consult your healthcare provider.
- Pregnant/Lactating women, children or any with Known pre-existing condition should take under the advice of a healthcare provider. Keep away from the reach of children.
- Nutritional diet
- Morning walk
- Positive thinking
- Restful sleep
- Triphala powder
Foods to Favor
- Food rich in sweet and sour taste
- Cow’s milk
- Boiled warm milk
- Mustard oil
- Sweet butter milk
- Brown rice
- Soy milk
- Red lentils
Foods to Avoid
- Food rich in bitter and pungent taste
- Pork meat
- Dry food
- Flaxseed oil
- Take lukewarm drinks.
- Try to massage the body parts with maha narayan oil or maha vishgarbha oil should be preferred.
- Hot fomentation should also be preferred.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners or white sugar.
- Avoid alcohol consumption or smoking.
- Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India
- Dravyaguna Vigana
- Adarsh Nighantu
- WChandramanu C, Rao D, Phytotherapy Research. 2003; 17(2): 129.
- Khare CP, Encyclopedia of India Medicinal plants. Spinger Verlange Berline Heidelberge New York, 2004; 474-476
Reference Classical or Govt. Approved Books
This formula has been approved by the Department of Ayush/ Government of India after the proper screening of scientific evidence as well as classical reference of each ingredient by the GOVT REGULATORY BOARD COMMITTEE.
GMP and USDA Certified Organic Manufacturing Facility: Laboratory tested for quality purity and heavy metal standards.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any Disease.